INFORMATION DESIGN - EXERCISE



07/01/20 -14/01/20 (Week 1 - Week 2)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
Information Design
Exercises

INSTRUCTION



LECTURE NOTES

Lecture 1: Briefing
07/01/20 (Week 1)

Today is the first class of Information Design, we meet our lectures Ms Anis and Mr Kannan who help us on our exercises and projects and Mr Shamsul who in charge of our final project. We start with a briefing of the MIB. After that we made a group for our final project and group presentation.

We also have a presentation of Manuel Lima's 9 Directives manifesto. This is my group presentation.


Lecture 2: LATCH
14/01/20 (Week 2)

Today we are starting with our new topic which LATCH, it stands for location, alphabet, time, category, and hierarchy. Ms Anis briefs us on the topic and we need to do a presentation in her next class. This is my group presentation.



INSTRUCTION



EXERCISES

07/01/20 (Week 1)

We have our first exercise right away, which is sorting buttons or Legos. I pick legos and share mine with Sangeetha. I sort everything and write them down. this is what I have found.


 My first try is to sorting them in colors then shapes. When I asked Ms Anis, she said it would be better if I make the the sorting more obvious.


Second attempt using the shapes first then the colors.


Then I put them in in the A4 paper and try to fit everything there and this is the first thing I made in class with the names.


I also draw it as well. My inspiration come from Legos instructions from the Legos boxes.



14/01/20 (Week 2)

This week we have to make a LATCH infographic poster from Pokemon. I have zero knowledge of the game so I asked my friend who is a big fan of the game. She explain a few generation and each version and recommended generation 1 because it is the simplest, and my friend hope I can understand it faster. She explain the starter pokemons, the items, and the locations of the regions.

I settle with the first generation and lavender town as the location. For the pokemon i use all the starter pokemons and because we need 4 of the pokemons, my friend recommended caterpie.


I start with getting ideas and Ms Anis suggested to use isometric when making this infographic. I have never done it before so this is a full learning experience.


I start by making some assets for the lavender town. I start with making the gameboy since it is what pokemon generation 1 user use to play the game. I do that so people know it is from the generation 1. The reason why I pick lavender town because the tower in the town as the main feature from the town. I make sure to make it the biggest in the asset I made.


This asset is the pokedex. I was planing to use it as the Category of different items since my friend told me that that's the way to find information. I use this version because it is also from generation 1 so it fits the theme.


This is the first version I made but I wasn't happy.


I decided to arranged them differently and decided to not use the pokedex at the end. This is the second version.



Comments

Popular Posts