INFORMATION DESIGN - PROJECT 1



21/01/20 - 17/02/20 (Week 3 - Week 7)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
Information Design
Project 1

INSTRUCTION



LECTURE NOTES

Lecture 3: Chunking
21/01/20 (Week 3)

This week we are discussing about Chunking, it is a method to remember a large number of information by chunking them together. Chunking can be use from items of games, number of IC, phone number, and other things.

We need to do another presentation, our presentation is about minecraft since there are a lot of items that chucked together so it is easier for us to explain.


Lecture 4: Different types of Infographics and Online tools
28/01/20 (Week 4)

We were told to explain of different types of infographics and try using a free online tools to remake a exsisting inforgraphics.



Project 1

We were briefed on our project 1 and was told to pick a recipe and make an infographic. I need to make a poster and make a video or gif. I settled with one of my favorite Indonesia food from my home town, Soto Bandung. I found that using isometric seems quite interesting, but I made isometric on my exercise and I don't want to redo things that I have done so I decided to swift things a bit. I was inspired by a few illustration and infographic when I did my research.




This is my progression of my poster. I don't like how it looks at this point because it looks cramped and the way to make recipe is not clear at all.


I decided to change my direction instead of fixing something that I feel won't work. I keep some assets that I made or like. This is the second version of the poster. I want to make sure everything is clear of how it is supposed to be make because the objective is to explain how to make a recipes.


I make a version with batik pattern but later on I decided to abandon the idea since I don't think it works. I also make a version from the top view as Ms Anis suggested.


This is the final outcome of my poster.




I decided not to make a gif and make a video instead because it doesn't seem fit with my work. For my first scene, I have been wanting to do this since it fits so well. I decided it's a good way to animate it without making them too stay still and boring.








This is the final video. I use laskar pelangi as the song since it is an Indonesia song and seem fit.



Comments

Popular Posts