3D MODELLING - EXERCISES


14/04/20 - 08/05/20 (Week 1 - Week 5)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
3D Modelling
Exercises

INSTRUCTION



LECTURE NOTES

Lecture 1: Introduction
17/04/20 (Week 1)

For 3D Modelling, we are told to use Maya 2019 and Zbrush 2019. On the first week, we meet our lecturer which is Mr Kannan and start with our MIB. We were told what we are going to do for our projects and final. Mr Kannan expain how to use Maya. I never use Maya before, the only 3D modelling I did is using Zbrush years ago for a workshop. So I came in to class with zero knowledge, and I am pretty nervous about it. Mr Kannan help us and we start our exercise 1. It start with chess pieces, he told us to see the big pieces first and make it with simple shapes. After the simple shapes done, we can add details afterwards.


This is my final work. I think I did a decent job.


Feedback:
Mr Kannan said that it is good, it's seems a bit stretched.

Lecture 2: 3D modeling pipeline
24/04/20 (Week 2)

Today we learn about fixing our lines and cuts, we need to keep it clean. Mr Kannan start by explaining cut tool, boolean, bridge and special duplicate. During the lecture, he ask us to try the tools first, this is what I come out with during the lecture.


Lecture 3: Holiday
01/05/20 (Week 3)

This week we are told to make a model gun,  but since it is holiday on Friday, he gave us online lecture through a video. He gives us extra week to do the model gun.

Lecture 4: Hard-surface polygon 3Dmodeling (low-poly vshigh-poly)
08/05/20 (Week 4)

For the model gun, I had so much trouble, I think i redo them 5 times because how much mistakes I made. I decided to use this model.


This is my progression.




Mr Kannan said it's a good start, just 1 part have too much poly and the handle is too sharp.

Lecture 5: UVW, texture and shaders (basics)
08/05/20 (Week 5)

Today we learn about texturing basics. Mr Kannan explains the elements of texturing which include color base, normal, metallic, and roughness. Color base is the base of colors or texture we picked, that is include in pre-made images provided online. For normal, metalic, roughness, we need to adjust ourselves with http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/.

We need to import the images to that site and adjust each elements our self. After everything done, we download our elements and put them in our mesh.

This is my final mesh looks like









Comments

Popular Posts