Sonic Design - Exercises


28/08/20 - 04/09/20 (Week 1 - Week 3)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
Sonic Design
Exercises

INSTRUCTION



LECTURE NOTES

Week 1: Introduction

This week is our first week of our class, we are having an online class this week. Our lecturer, Mr Razif, briefed us the MIB. He gave us our senior's work as references, from the projects to their final. The class ended quickly with homework. He suggested to remember the Adobe Audition again since it is been a while since we use it.

Week 2: Sound Fundamentals

This week I have decided to stay in Indonesia and do online class, this week Mr Razif is showing us the recording studio. He explain the function of the walls, the microphone, and others. He said those that can't come that week, can look at the studio next semester. The class end fairly quickly again, he gave us exercise for us to do.


EXERCISES

Week 1

This week Mr Razif suggested to revisit Adobe Audition like before, he told us to redo the EQ exercises we did before. He also want to check if our headphone are suitable to be used. These are the screenshots.

Eq 1

Eq 2

Eq 3

Eq 4

Week 2
This week we need to record our voice to paragraph given by Mr Razif. There are 6 different one that we can choose. This is my recording.


Week 3
For project 1 we are required to make a audio story. It is a story created by only the audio with no visuals. The listener need to be able to understand the story as is. For practice, Mr Razif told us to create 1 using a picture he provided first. This is my attempt.


He then give us another picture. This is my work.


Mr Razif told me that I need to space my audios so the listener have time to process. I took the feedback to be use for my project 1.




Comments

Popular Posts