Advanced Animation - Exercises

 

31/08/20 - 21/09/20 (Week 1 - Week 4)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
Advanced Animation
Exercises

INSTRUCTION



Exercises

Introduction to Module: Subject outline & expectations
31/08/20 (week 1)

This week is our first class of advance animation. Mr Kannan said that we are going to animate in Autodesk Maya this semester and he showed some of the senior works. He start to explain how to animate a bouncing ball. We were told to create an animation of a bouncing ball to show the next class. I had a hard time starting animating in 3D, since I am used to do it in 2D. There are times where I know how it supposed to look and move, but because my limited knowledge I'm struggling. This is my bouncing ball exercise.




Inspirations for animation
07/09/20 (week 2)

This week we start animating a sack of flour. Mr Kannan started by explaining the rigs and parenting. Mr Kannan give a tutorial of how to do the animation, said we should start getting familiar with the rigs. We then told to create an animation from the sack of flour, and made it alive without any face expression. This is my work.




When making this animation, I start to understand the work flow of doing an animation and I start getting familiar with the timing. I work on the big movement first and then start to create secondary action from the 2 ears.

Implementation of 12 principles for production
14/09/20 (week 3)

This week we start to animate a human-like-models, Mr Kannan explain the mechanics of each rigs and said again to get familiar with each rigs. He said that we need to create a walking animation with it. We then going to loop it to see the animation in motion. Mr Kannan suggest for us to time ourselves walking to make sure the timing is right, and I did. I decided to use beefy to create my animation. This is my work. 





Mr Kannan gave me feedback to make the animation more personalized and to have emotion. He also have said to fix my animation because the side view looks to stiff. This is my redo on the animation. I decided to create a rather 'proud' character.




Scripting
21/09/20 (week 4)

This week we are doing a human pushing a big boulder. Mr Kannan explain how to create a rig and how to parent it to the boulder. I did 2 tries of pushing the boulder, Mr Kannan said the first animation has a lack of weight. The boulder look really easy to push. I should make the person having trouble pushing it.


I redo the animation and this is what I made.











Comments

Popular Posts