MOTION GRAPHICS & COMPOSITING - project 4

 

16/10/20 - 26/11/20 (Week 9 - Week 14)
Arletta Leviani (0337751)
Motion Graphics & Compositing
Project 4

INSTRUCTION

 

PROJECT 4

Week 9

For the last project, we are required to make an abstract video with combination of all knowledge we gathered for all this weeks. I was confused of what am I going to do for this last project. I feel really pressured and I got no ideas. So this week I took a break and rethink everything.

Week 10

I finally got an idea and consult it with Mr Fauzi. The idea of artist having a hard time to be payed as people don't see value in design, has been said many times. I think the idea is good and I created a story board for it.


Mr Fauzi told me to put my portfolio links at the end as well and told me to start working on it.

Week 11

This week I have another hard time executing this idea. It's not that the idea is bad, it's just doesn't fit with my style at all. I have no idea how the transition or how the animation will go, and I was told between changing a new idea or just sticking with it. I then start listening to a few songs and one of the song I was listening to give me an inspiration. I always found a sudden inspiration here and there, and usually kept is for a while to a perfect moment I will use it, and it always resulted in good result. I decided to use it for this module.

The song is BTS - life goes on, it is about the pandemic that happen. When listening to it, I can imagine the composition and animation, so I didn't have a hard time at all. I decided to draw the illustration using Paint Tool SAI

Week 12

I worked on the illustration.





This is the animation I worked on this week.


Week 13

This week I got feedback from Mr Fauzi, some of the composition can be different and i took the suggestion. There are some that I didn't take and some I took. One suggestion is the part where an arrow shoots at the sky, he told me maybe to put the blue sky as a full screen. I wanted to have a break in between shots and I did try to scale the sky, but I don't think it fits. I also change the first lyrics as suggested to be the full lyric. I treat this as a lyrics video. This is the final work.










Comments

Popular Posts